Home » Meeting Minutes

January 2018 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Submitted by Editor on March 6, 2018 – 6:30 pm | Print or Email »No Comment

January 18, 2018 EHNA Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
6:30 PM, at Spirit Lutheran, 1310 Main Street.

Members in attendance: Eric Anderson, Susan Bauer, Chris Buske, Carey Hoeft, Gina Keenan-Klages, Tania Mathews, Meg Nord, Shannon Paulus, Michael Rasmussen, Chad Rowekamp, Mark Ruddy

Members absent: Kim Cronk

Guests: Leah Ness, City Transportation Engineer; Dave Solberg, City Engineert; Kathy Mitchell City Council Person; Sgt. Mike Major, Police Officer assigned to our South District; Police Officer Sam Sperry who is new to the EC police force and assigned to our South District; neighbors of Eastside hill.

Welcome and Introductions: Guests were welcomed to the January meeting.

Leah Ness – Input on Harding Ave. Leah Ness gave updated report on Harding Ave. Their recommendation to city council will be to do mill & overlay work on Harding. This will extend the road 8-10 years. Recommending 10 ½ ft. lanes, 10 ft. turning lane, leaving a 2 foot buffer near sidewalk to make safer for pedestrians and bikers. They are recommending to close Lee St. entrance onto Harding but keep Jefferson open. Engineers are still looking at impact of additional traffic on Margaret. Approximate 50 more vehicles would end up on Margaret throughout the day. Discussion was made with police and fire departments to approve this closure at Lee Street. They said it would not be a problem on their end. Plenty of turn around if Lee is turned into cul-de-sac. Engineers are looking into pedestrian safety near Jefferson with possible speed signs, pedestrian flashers, etc. Discussion was made to possibly lower Harding Hill to 30 mph. Currently speed limit is 35 on Brackett, 35 on hill, 25 mph recommended speed at the corner of Washington/Harding. Eric Anderson made a motion for Eastside Hill Association to support lowering the speed limit to 30 and to do so asap versus waiting til the end of the project; Tania Mathews seconded the motion. It was approved by the Association. Study was done with city engineers and their finding is most cars travel at 35 currently. It will be final decision of the city engineers on remaining 35 or to lower to 30.

Police Report: Association members and guests welcomed Detective Mike Major and Officer Sam Sperry.

Minutes: December minutes were approved via email with changes done to initial minutes.

Treasurer’s report: Oct. balance $1,205.53, which includes humanKind.
Reimbursements: $16.67 – Mark Ruddy: $28.78 – Tonia Mathews for Xcel Energy clean- up day
January balance $1,160.08 which includes humanKind

Upcoming: Reimbursement for Mark Ruddy for $21.77 – Name badge & annual filing fees for annualWI corporation report ($10.49); $76.00 – PO Box renewal

humanKind total – Oct. $203.85 + $20 = Jan. balance of $223.85; Community Park Association funds $1,611.13

Motion made to accept treasurer’s report.

humanKind: Hmong language on welcome signs is incorrect – permanently being fixed with sticker/patch. Activity on Jan. 27 – 5:30-6:30 potluck, 6:30-8 folk dancing with Mark Helpsmeet.

Restorative Justice Report: Val Johnson, Kim Cronk, Audrey Robinson, Mark Ruddy met with Tim Wavrunek. It was decided to wait on Darryl Brown case to end so have a case example before going any further to educate our Neighborhood.

Old business:

* 501c3 status: Eric Anderson has application done. Small bylaw change to do in April then we can submit.

New business:

* Liaison between Association & Flynn Elementary: Meg Nord volunteered to be the liaison. Mark will look into Immaculate Conception and Regis.

*Neighborhood concert using Visit Eau Claire Airstream: Suggestion to look at using at summer picnic.

* City Council elections: Kathy Mitchell vs. Jeremy Gragert. Association will be setting up a forum to invite neighbors to hear from Kathy and Jeremy. Relates to southeast corner of our area.

* Go Fund Me Page – Eau Claire Music School: Suggestion to use Go Fund me to help Eau Claire Music School. It was suggested to give donation for past use of building instead, along with a thank you card.

*Mark Ruddy asked if could use matching grant money towards bio control weevil at the prairie. $125/matching grant needed. Mark will look into this.

* Strategic Plan process, presented by Chris Buske. Suggested to have a strategic plan made for association to know what projects the Association and neighborhood will look at pursuing.

* Mark Ruddy asked for permission to get post cards made up with new design. $25-$30 is needed. There use would be to welcome new Neighbors.

* April meeting – Potluck. Michael Rasmussen volunteered to be the lead on helping since he is a licensed chef. Sue Bauer said she would help. Others are encouraged to help as well.

* Bluebird Project – More information will be given in February regarding bluebird project.

Submitted by Susan and Mark.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Leave a comment!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.