Home » Meeting Minutes, News

January 24, 2019 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Submitted by Editor on February 27, 2019 – 4:05 pm | Print or Email »No Comment

Eastside Hill Neighborhood Association Steering Committee Meeting

Official Minutes
Spirit Lutheran Church
January 24, 2019

Attendance
Members in attendance: Chad Rowenkamp, Bob Carr, Mark Ruddy, Shannon Paulus, Mike Paulus, Ben Julian, Benjamin Frederick, Chris Buske, Tania Mathews
Members absent: Carey Hoeft, Ann Marie Gunderson, Heidi Carter
Guests: Jonathan Krejchi

Call to order – Call to order by Mark Ruddy at 6:35

Agenda Additions – No additions

Police Report:

1. Discussion regarding fresh reports of green bottles
a. The Steering Committee expressed our desire to spread the word that this is a common issue and is not necessarily a targeted incident. Consensus that this has gone from funny to concerning as some neighbors have had these incidents escalate to being left on front porches and door steps.
b. Officer Mike stated that we should be letting the department know about these reports and to provide information when possible.
2. Discussion of the Brackett street light and troubles with pedestrians crossing in front of traffic
a. Office Mike let us know that the department will be working on traffic improvements at that intersection this spring.

Presentation by Jon Krejchi regarding offering discounted, licensed CPR training for neighbors in an effort to get more neighbors CPR-certified. Cost would be $35 for a first-time AHA CPR license certifying adult, child, and infant CPR, as well as AED and choking training. Committee was asked for feedback as well as ideas on locations and resources to foster this effort.

Treasurer’s Report:
1. Treasurer’s report
a. December was $707.66. Minus $10 for annual WI corporate filing fee leaves January $697.66 balance.
b. Humankind had no change, total of $378.77
c. Total of $1076.43 in account.
d. Community parks $1,611.13
e. PO Box renewal will be $82, Domain and hosting estimated to be about $100, and Boyd Park Plus printing to be decided.
2. $500 coming from Xcel during volunteer event. Need to have 5 volunteers to work in about and around the event, won’t necessarily be helping with the tree service.
a. Steering Committee will probably need to provide refreshments at least if not a meal
b. Possibility of this being an Arbor Day event and using it as a fundraising and publicity opportunity
c. Tania will investigate expensing some food and drinks for Xcel volunteers if possible
d. Boyd Park Plus committee will hash out details with Tania; date of event is April 26, Friday.

Approval of Minutes
• Corrections submitted and approved unanimously; minutes for January 3rd.

Old Business:

1. Boyd Park Plus Committee Report
a. Draft House design will make a logo and assist in other ways
b. Looking to finalize website, fundraising page, social media posts, handouts, flyers etc. But have the skeleton and outline of all the information
c. Working on creating audience-specific informational pieces
2. Define Committees
a. Consensus that we should have sub-committees that are static as well as fluid
b. Will provide direction and create opportunities to bring in neighbors to volunteer
c. Static groups – Move to approve passed to establish these three sub-committees, to be created semi-permanently for the time being:
i. Public Relations/Communications
ii. Fundraising
iii. Events
d. Discussion about changing by-laws to include section on requiring steering committee members to sit on a sub-committee.
3. Childhood Poverty presentation at Feb. 7th at 6pm
a. We will post the presentation and information piece on social media and the website
4. Opportunity for a grant from the Eau Claire Historic Preservation Foundation
a. Chris chatted with Janice and she is taking the idea to get support for Boyd Park Plus to the ECHPF board. Will be tied into the historical significance of the park, swimming beach, and historic buildings in the area. More info to come.

New Business:

1. Terry Weld and Andrew Werthmann coming to speak with neighbors
a. Decided to get a plan together for a separate event on a Thursday night in March.
b. Mark will chat with the candidates and land on a date and time
c. Will use this as an opportunity to
i. Call for talent, ideas and volunteer opportunities. Bob may stand up and ask for community involvement vis-à-vis a ‘talent pool’
ii. We will craft a form of some kind neighbors can sign up to participate in future events, let us know what they are willing to do, and/or provide feedback to Steering Committee
2. Greg Kochen, archivist at UW-EC, has requested has requested input from our Neighborhood on what to include in a walking tour of our area. Who would be key Neighbors Greg could contact for input, e.g., Dave Strobel, Mark Wesenberg, any “amateur historians”. Individuals are encouraged to give input to Greg Kochen.

3. Position on Compressions LLC
a. Need to flesh out our position on sponsoring, supporting, and/or publicizing for-profit events
b. Discussion on establishing guidelines
i. Public Relations/Communication committee will work on this in the future so that we have an established understanding moving forward
c. Steering Committee landed on requesting the details and information from Jon and we will publish that but not explicitly “support” it as it is a for-profit business over and above any others.

Adjournment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Leave a comment!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.