Home » Meeting Minutes

December 6, 2018 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Submitted by Editor on February 27, 2019 – 4:12 pm | Print or Email »No Comment

Eastside Hill Neighborhood Association Steering Committee Meeting

Official Minutes
Spirit Lutheran Church
December 6, 2018

Members in attendance: [Note present Steering Committee members here]
Mark Ruddy, Carey Hoeft, Shannon Paulus, Mike Paulus, Chad Rowekamp, Tania Mathews, Chris Buske, Ben Julian, Ann Gunderson, Heidi Carter, Bob Carr

Call to order – Note the time the meeting was called to order

Police Report:

1. SGT Majors spoke about the new drug ordinance. Also talked about Meth use and recent heroin overdoses.

Approval of Minutes – Approved on line
Agenda Additions
Decided on a rotating secretary until we get some one. Bob Carr is it for this month.

Mark asked if we needed a public forum to approve our fund raising for the Boyd Park Plus plan.
It was decided we already have brought the proposal before the neighborhood at the last public meeting so we are ready to move forward.

Set Meeting dates
Jan 3rd and 17th we picked and then back to the 3rd Thursday each month starting in February.

Old Business:

1. Secretary’s report: Approved via email.
2. Treasures report: No change.
3. Search for new committee member.
No names submitted. Did discuss and approve Mark’s letter to Memorial High School to invite a student to join us as a non-voting guest. The letter will also go out to other neighborhood schools.
4. 501c status: No-change
5. Matching grant status: City will not look at the request until we have a plan in place.
They will also not release our $1600 until we have the balance needed already raised.

New Business:

1. Report on clarification meeting with Jeff Pippenger. See # 5 above.
2. Report by Chris Buske about Boyd Park + and sub-committee.
Chris Buske spoke with Ayers about the Plan. They may be able to reduce their charges. They may also be able to do the plan in stages and charge accordingly.
3. Discuss how to structure our Steering committee to be effective with the Boyd Park+ project and how to share the work load.
It was decided that we need a fund raising committee first.
A sub-committee of Carey Hoeft, Chris Buske , Shannon and Mike Paulus was formed to get the ball rolling on the Web announcement and preliminary fund raising for the park plan. Set Jan 3rd meeting to get them up and running.
Yard signs, fliers and a web announcement were all discussed.
Bob Carr pledged $500 and Tania Mathews also promised a pledge.
4. Report on potential winter activities at Boyd Park.
Mark discussed possible hot chocolate.
A pond hockey game was also discussed.
5. Potential small improvements to Boyd Park was tabled for future discussion.
6. Question from Bob Carr about our voting procedure.
It was decided that all votes are by roll call only with no names attached.

Minutes submitted by Bob Carr

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Leave a comment!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.