Home » Meeting Minutes, News

February 2019 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Submitted by Editor on March 25, 2019 – 10:35 am | Print or Email »No Comment

Eastside Hill Neighborhood Association Steering Committee Meeting

Official Minutes
Spirit Lutheran Church
February 21, 2019

Attendance
Members in attendance: Chad Rowekamp, Mark Ruddy, Shannon Paulus, Mike Paulus, Ben Julian, Chris Buske, Tania Mathews, Carey Hoeft, Heidi Carter
Members absent: Ann Marie Gunderson,
Guests: Officer Tyler Stevens, Lee Hennick (President of Sundet Park Area Neighborhood Association)

Call to order – Call to order by Mark Ruddy at 6:30

Agenda Additions – No additions

Police Report:
1. Request by Officer Stevens to remind neighbors to lock vehicles. Several reports of vehicle burglaries of unlocked vehicles in Hoover/Lee area of Eastside Hill. Several suspects taken into custody already but reminder for vigilance.
2. Discussion about traffic safety due to snow. Officer Stevens recommended caution on the roads due to the city-wide snow issues.

Approval of Minutes
• Minutes for January 24th corrected and approved

Treasurer’s Report:
• January total of $697.66
o One expense for renewal of EHNA P.O. Box was $92.00
o $378.77 for HumanKind remains unchanged
o $984.43 Grand total
o $1,611.13 in total earmarked Boyd Park Plus
o Domain hosting expenses upcoming, ~$100
• Motion to move HumanKind funds from EHNA account and move that over to their control was seconded and approved. This will allow for more transparency and create a clear delineation between the organizations for any financial or legal reasons now that we are a 501c3.

Old Business:
1. March 5th Forum for City Council President position set for 6:30. All neighbors and neighborhoods have been invited. EHNA steering committee members will provide coffee and tea.
a. Discussed crafting a small handout for the event that will center around volunteer opportunities for neighbors. Will add ~5 examples centered around the sub-committees
2. Boyd Park day of cutting will be on Friday. We will have 10 to 15 arborists available for the day. August has requested a gameplan completed by March 18th. Once that is in place August will walk the grounds.
a. Tania will provide snacks and treats for the workers that day
b. $500 grant will be provided by Excel granted we have 5 volunteers
c. Separate volunteer event for park cleanup on Saturday coincides with Eau Claire cleanup, which will be a great opportunity to get more volunteers. Post cleanup party will be held at Boyd Park so we will use that to set up a table and potentially have Ayers involved. Chris and Tania will work on the logistics for the day.
3. Boyd Park Plus
a. Discussion on use of a business plan, sub-committee will look into building one
b. Pinehurst is doing a large fundraiser of their own, Outdoors and More. Looking. To
c. McDonough Park also has a fundraiser, sub-committee has already reached out to discuss their planning and operations
d. Eau Claire Historical Preservation Society has a grant form available, their board approved our idea of the wading beach being connected to history. Chris will look into the form and submit application unless something from the committee is needed.
e. Plan is to have fundraising complete by end of year as call for bids will be happening in January
f. Sub-committee will have fundraising materials ready by next month and present their plans for the launch of our fundraising campaign for Boyd Park Plus and we will discuss the logistics at that time. Steering committee to defer to the sub-committee their plan for fundraising and a timeline. We will then weigh the pros and cons as a full steering committee and vote on all expectations, timeline, roles, events and further actions once the sub-committee has come to a decision and presented before the full committee.
4. March 28th potential date for Child Poverty event, may reschedule to not conflict with spring break.
5. Mark will do more investigation for senior student to sit on Steering Committee, spoke with Regis High School recently. May chat with a contact Lee mentioned for more opportunities.

New Business:

1. Lee Henrik
a. Housing grant closure coming up soon, on March 1st
b. Wells Fargo Grant, US Bank grant will need a conceptual plan, encouraged us to consider those factors
c. Gemologist, offering to provide a gem stone for a reward to be given out for an auction. This would be a donation and he would work with the recipient to cut the stone and recommend a setting. Would make an excellent gift for a loved one and has a significant value behind it.
2. Prairie Planning tabled for next month.
3. Monthly newsletter tabled for next month.

Adjournment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Leave a comment!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.