Semi-Annual Meeting: Thursday, April 21
This is the big one! The Eastside Hill Neighborhood Association is holding its semi-annual neighborhood-wide meeting on Thursday, April 21 at 6:30pm at Spirit Lutheran church (1310 Main St., basement). This will give the neighborhood the opportunity to review and discuss the events from this past year as well as plan for the future. Come out and meet your neighbors. After all, refreshments will be served.
Date and Time: Thursday, April 21, 6:30pm
Place: Spirit Lutheran church • 1310 Main St. •
Eau Claire, WI (basement)
6:15 to 6:30pm – Start of snacks served by Church members; and a chance to visit with tonight’s presenters and our neighbors.
6:30 to 8pm – Meeting time.
1. Welcome and thanks to Spirit Lutheran for it’s on-going help and snacks.
2. Information about a potential “group solar energy buy” to lower the cost of installation in our Neighborhood. Presented by Steve Terwilliger who needs to leave to present to another group.
3. Introduction of our Neighborhood Police Officers.
4. Introduction of other guests.
5. Introduction of Steering Committee Members.
6. Treasurer’s Report and Secretary’s report.
7. Discussion and vote on By-laws. Quorum needed. Neighbors will be asked to approve a number of proposed changes to our neighborhood association’s by-laws. Please download and review the proposed changes (PDF). If approved, our complete set of new by-laws would look like this: Download PDF
8. Presentation by Leah Ness, City Transportation Engineer, about Margaret Street concern and street work planned for our Neighborhood this year.
9. Update on TP campaign for increased access to restrooms at Boyd Park
10. Elections of new Steering Committee members to replace two Neighbors who have moved. These will be 1- year positions.
11. Brief Announcements regarding: Status of Skate Park Concept for Boyd Park; Neighborhood Clean-up on Saturday, April 23rd; Prairie work for the summer; Photo Contest Details.
12. Any Other Discussions.
13. Thank you for coming.
8pm – We will show local filmmaker Joe Mauer’s half-hour documentary Prairie Enthusiasts.
Spring Constellation Seen From Eastside Hill
With the heralding of Spring comes a new constellation, here in the Northern Hemisphere. It is known as “The Kite” because of the form that the linked stars make. (Quite a feat to capture its …